Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Show & Tell Round II, August Edition

When I miss breakfast because it ends at 9 a.m. or dinner because it ends at 7 p.m. or they're all out by the time I get there

When 18 year old boys try to talk to me at the bar*

When actual older men try to talk to me at the bar

When a 17 year old freshman girl tells me it's lazy to skip an 8 a.m. 100 person lecture class that doesn't take attendance, has an open book final, and a professor who posts all of the slides online:

When the doctor asks me how many drinks I average per week:

When I do have to go to class:

When my Australian History professor calls on my American friend & me every time American history is brought up:

But when I know the answer during a discussion of Australian history & the Australian students don't:


How I felt when I woke up after the Full Moon party:

Every time I get back from the mall here:

When I say I'm 22 & people wonder why I'm still in school*:
*jk

When I'm trying to convince myself to "study" while I'm studying abroad:

When my friends casually suggest going to Thailand for spring break:

When I overhear Australians mimicking my accent:

When I am really really really missing sweet tea, Cheerwine, goldfish, Lexington BBQ & Starbucks:

When my friends at home are complaining that
& I'm over here heading back into summer, like:

How my friends and I look when we're trying to finish pre-gaming in order to get to the bus on time:


When I hang up from Facetime with my bf or family or little:

When I realize that no one I'm with is even old enough to go to the bar with me at home, but they're all out-drinking me anyway:

No comments:

Post a Comment