Thursday, April 18, 2013

Bittersweet

Hello, y'all!

I'm in the strangest mindset right now-- I am so excited to be taking off on this adventure, but it is a little bit bittersweet because I'm probably graduating in December, so these months right now may be my last in Wilmington (at least as a student) for a a long, long time. So while I'm focusing on the things I can't wait to do in Australia, I'm making a list of things I MUST do before I take off in July.

1. Buy as much  Wrightsville beach apparel as possible. Touristy? Absolutely. But I know I'm going to want to throw on a neon Wrightsville tank from Wings or a WB sweatshirt on chilly nights when I'm feeling homesick, so I'm going all out.

2. Leave as many letters in the "Mailbox" on the North end of Wrightsville beach as possible

3. Go camping on Carolina Beach

4. Not waste a single potential beach day, for any reason

5. Sunday Fundays every weekend until I leave-- bottomless mimosas at surf house or Las Olas & bloodies at Tower 7 & Dockside

6. Attend as many downtown sundown concerts as possible

7. Play in the fountain outside of Burney late night

8. Devour a 4 am breakfast at Jimbo's

9. Go on as many dates to Indochine as possible

10. Rent paddle boards and play in the ICW


...there are so many more, but these are just a start.
I want to re-live & re-visit my favorite places as many times as I can before we're separated for a while.

I also found these cool bracelets from Uncommon Goods that I am definitely having made with sand from Wrightsville Beach so that I can always have a piece of home right on my wrist!

Check out the bracelets here


Xoxo,

Amelia

No comments:

Post a Comment